1. Cut Back on the Sweets: Statistics show that the average person consumes approximately a 1/2 pound of sugar per day. This may very well be related to the growing number obese people in our country. The number 1 weight loss tips for teenagers is to find foods with less than 5 milligrams of sugar per serving. The important thing to remember is that the more sugar you eat, the more sugar you will crave and the less sugar you consume, the better you will feel.
2. Avoid white starches: If you do away with all white starches; such as, white pasta, white rice, white bread, crackers, potatoes, etc. and replace them with whole grain choices instead, over time, you are almost guaranteed an easy weight loss. Eat brown rice, for example, and whole wheat bread and pasta. The white starches are refined and may cause insulin deficiency over time and possibly develop diabetes in the future. In the short term, white starches cause you to pack on the pounds, especially around your belly.
natural weight loss supplements, doctors diet program, liquid diet,
3. Give up all fats that are solid at room temperature: This is another category of white foods that once eliminated, will help you with easy weight loss. This means eliminate butter, margarine and white cheese. Butter is really white, but dyed yellow to make it more appealing to the consumer. And who really knows how healthy it is ingesting this dye!
4. Eat little baby carrots instead of junk food; such as, potato chips: You could potentially lose up to 9 pounds within a year with this one weight loss tips for teenagers.
5. Eat a protein snack: A snack on protein will make you feel full for around 40 minutes longer than someone who has not had a snack of protein.
6. Drink skim milk at every meal: Dairy foods help you to burn fat instead of storing them. Replacing soda or sweetened tea with skim milk will save you around 150 – 300 calories per day, leading to a healthy easy weight loss of around 25 pounds in a year.
7. Drink lots of water: Experts tell you to drink 8 glasses of water a day. Drinking plenty of water raises your metabolism and helps you to avoid retaining fluid.
8. Use the kitchen only for cooking and eating: Otherwise you will find yourself snacking even when you are not hungry.
9. Don’t eat anywhere but at the kitchen table: You will pay more attention to what and how you’re eating and staying out of the kitchen, except at meal times, will reduce the chances of mindless snacking.
10. Put the fork down between each bite: This will force you to slow down. By slowing down, you will feel when you are full and keep you from over eating, which will help in your endeavor to a healthy easy weight loss without dieting.
11. Brush your teeth after each meal: Some successful weight loss gurus swear that by brushing your teeth after each, you seem to send a signal to your body that you’re done eating. It also makes your breath feel fresh without relying on gum and mints made with sugar that can set you up to crave something else sweet.
12. Limit your after school snacking to 10 or 20 minutes and brush your teeth afterward. You’ll send a signal to your body that you’re done and then you can focus on more important things, like homework.
13. Go outside and get some sun: “Too little sunlight can trigger cravings for high calorie, fatty carbs like cakes, cookies, ice cream and chips”, says one weight loss expert. Especially in the winter, get outside and get some fresh air and sunshine. Your body needs the sunlight to help produce serotonin, which is a hormone in our brains that helps us feel good and control cravings.
14. Stop Stressing out: I know it is easier said than done, but stress can turn on your body’s hormones that control fat storage. This can happen especially around your abdomen and can increase your appetite for carbohydrates. To prevent stress and what it can do to your diet, try exercising every day.
15. Focus on small goals: Setting easier goals to attain, such as losing 5 – 10 pounds, is easier to succeed and helps motivate you for the larger goals that once may have seemed impossible to achieve.
16. Believe that you can change: In one study, women who worked on changing their thinking process were the most successful at losing weight.
17. Get plenty of sleep: Studies show that it is possible to lose weight while sleeping. That means that lack of sleep can impair your body’s ability to process and store carbohydrates and also to regulate blood sugar and hormones.
By following these 17 weight loss tips for teenagers, you should be well on your way to a healthy easy weight loss without dieting.